Sunday 26 October 2014

Frustrating Contrasts in My Personality

It is difficult just breathing.  I have hyperventilation syndrome, and there is no escaping the disorder, because everyone must breathe!  I can't relax by deep breathing, or do yoga which focuses on relaxing and breathing, or just stopping breathing!  I have always been a coffee lover and drank up to six cups a day, but recently I cut down to one cup, just to see if it affects my hyperventilation.  It did not cure it, but it has improved.  I feel a bit hopeful. 

I am an extremely practical person, a critical thinker and have ""good old common sense.""  Yet here I am struggling with breathing!  I also have compulsions I have fought:  I had bulimia, which I conquered 29 years ago, but I suffered from it from age 18 to 28. 

I am a vegan and love it!  My passion is saving animals from torture.  I also am an environmentalist, a champion of gay rights, and an atheist.  I love science, especially biology, and I love facts.  Magic is revolting to me; yet I find the fact that we walk around on bones and connections to be more beautiful and awe inspiring than magic.

I was supposed to be ""most likely to succeed"" in high school.  Currently, I am a file clerk at a small law firm.  My family struggles with money - hence - surveys for extra pocket change.  We have our 40 year reunion coming up, and I will be the speaker.  Can you imagine how nervous I am, knowing I could hyperventilate and possibly pass out in front of everyone?!  I sure hope I entertain in a better manner than that!

Yes, my life is one of extreme, frustrating contrasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment